Global Health Case Challenge
Each year, School of Global Health at University of Copenhagen hosts the annual Global Health Case Challenge. An external partner provides the case challenge, which is a real-world issue the partner is working on. University students from all disciplines are invited to apply and take part in the case challenge. In 2021, the Global Health Case Challenge will be a 2,5 ECTS accredited summer course, taking place from 10-13 August in Copenhagen.
What is a case challenge?
In a case challenge (also often called a case competition) the participating teams strive to develop the best solution to a real-world issue presented by a business or organisation most often within a short time-span. Each team presents their solution both in writing and as a short oral pitch to a jury (5 minutes). All teams receive pitch training to prepare them for the final presentation.
Watch this short film from our Global Health Case Challenge in 2016:
The Global Health Case Challenge is open to university students from all disciplines. You normally participate in a team of four to five students. Students are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs. These will not be reimbursed.
Previous Global Health Case Challenges:
- 2020: Community resilience in times of COVID-19 (4EU+ Urban Health Case Challenge)
- 2019: Bending the Curve of Obesity w/ Cities Changing Diabetes and Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- 2018: Synergies in Urban Development w/ Gehl Architects
- 2017: Migrating Women's Sexual and Reproductive Health w/ UNFPA
- 2016: Antibiotic Resistance w/ WHO Europe
- 2016: Refugees in Europe w/ Red Cross and Crescent
Want to become a case challenge partner?
Are you a business/organisation with a global presence and a challenge related global health? Then do not hesitate to contact us about next years' potential case challenge and the collaborative development of this. We need to hear from you in March of the year that the event is to be held.