Professor of Health Services Research with Focus on Participatory Research
The University seeks to appoint a professor of Health Services Research with focus on participatory research to the Department of Public Health to commence as soon as possible.
The position belongs to the Section of Health Services Research which covers general areas of health services research carried out by an interdisciplinary research group. The section’s research includes science and technology studies, migrant health, socio-technical studies of digital health, health policy analysis, and the use of effect of health care services and interventions.
Information on the department can be found at: https://publichealth.ku.dk.
For this professorship, the main emphasis will be placed on the candidate’s ability to document a high level of original scientific work at an international level within the area of participatory health services research. We seek scholars who have expertise in participatory methods with underserved groups and have carried out research on contextual factors and population diversity shaping people’s engagement with health care services. Experience with the implications of participatory research for health policy and practice is important. The applicant must also have expertise in qualitative methodologies and be in a position to deliver high quality teaching of qualitative methodologies to the students at the Faculty. Our aim is to appoint an outstanding scholar who has a distinguished international profile and a proven record of accomplishment of excellent scholarship within participatory research in connection to health care services; a strong record of research publications in the field; extensive teaching experience in qualitative methodology; and a strong record of attracting funding and leading research.
The professor’s responsibilities will primarily consist of:
- Research, including publication/academic dissemination
- Research-based teaching, including associated examination
- Research leadership, including guidance and supervision of researchers
- Share knowledge with the rest of society, including participation in public debate
- Academic assessments
- Research-based public-sector consultancy may be required
Six overall criteria apply for professor appointments at the University of Copenhagen. The six criteria (research, teaching, societal impact, organisational contribution, external funding and leadership) are considered a framework for the overall assessment of candidates. Find information about each criteria here: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/criteria-for-recognising-merit.
Furthermore, each applicant must be able to:
- Document a high degree of original academic production at an international level, including considerable contributions to the development of the academic discipline
- Manage research and other management functions, e.g. engage in the university’s external academic activities, as well as knowledge and technology transfer
- Provide research-based teaching
The professor is also required to possess good interpersonal and communicative skills.
Terms of employment
The position is permanent and the average weekly working hours are 37 hours per week.
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations.
The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities 2020.
For further information, please contact Head of Section Professor Mette Nordahl Svendsen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Foreign applicants may find this link useful: https://www.ism.ku.dk/ (International Staff Mobility).
The application must be submitted in English and must include the following documents:
- Application, including motivation for applying for this position (Maximum 2 pages)
- Curriculum vitae, including about external funding
- Diplomas (Master’s, PhD and other relevant certificates)
- A complete list of publications
- Research plan (3‐5 pages)
- Uploads of maximum 10 publications to be considered in the assessment
- Teaching plan
- Teaching portfolio (Guidelines: https://employment.ku.dk/faculty/recruitment-process/job-application-portfolio)
After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment. The Dean then appoints an expert assessment committee in order to make an assessment of the selected applicants for the specific post. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at https://jobportal.ku.dk/.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The applicant will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities.
The University of Copenhagen encourages all interested applicants to apply for this position.
Please submit the application with the required attachments. Only online applications will be accepted. The closing date for applications is 23.59 p.m. CET, Thursday, 17 February 2022.
Interviews for this position are likely to be held on 20 June 2022.