Advocacy Intern at World Diabetes Foundation
Function: Advocacy Intern
The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) is an alliance of over 230 national diabetes associations with two million members in more than 164 countries and territories, IDF has been at the vanguard of global diabetes advocacy for over 50 years.
We are looking to remotely hire a full-time (38h/week) Intern to join our Advocacy team. This is an exceptional opportunity for an individual to support advocacy in global public health in an international and dynamic NGO.
The Intern will be working from home so no need to be located in Belgium.
This is an unpaid internship.
The IDF Intern Program gives undergraduate students the opportunity to obtain training and exposure to IDF’s work in the field of diabetes and non-communicable diseases.
Duration of the internship: IDF is looking for an Advocacy Intern to join its team as soon as possible and for a period of a minimum of 3 months (6 months is the preferred timing). Please note that IDF can be flexible for the start and duration of the internship depending on the candidates.
Key Responsibilities and activities
- Support in general administrative and organizational tasks
- Update internal documents and databases
- Research on various global topics
- Support in the communication with the IDF network
- Support different ‘Insulin Centenary’ activities
- Assist with the production and distribution of advocacy tools to key stakeholders
- Support the preparation of online events and training sessions
- Provide further assistance as required to the Advocacy Department
- Educated to a Bachelor/ Master’s degree of equivalent (relevant field of study)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in French is required. Fluency in other languages (especially in Spanish) is an asset
- Multi-tasker with strong organizational skills
- Proven team-working skills, proactive and flexible
- Highly computer literate; familiar with social media
- Ability to adopt IDF’s ethics and beliefs
How to apply
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and cover letter to Ms. Audrey Baerten, Office Manager at HR@idf.org before the 31st of March 2021.