WoMena Uganda: Job, volunteer and internship opportunities
WoMena Uganda is a Ugandan non-governmental organisation (NGO) working with partner WoMena, an award-winning Danish NGO. These organisations consist of Public Health, International Development and Sociology professionals passionate about addressing reproductive health issues in low-income contexts (www.womena.dk). We promote the use of evidence-based, effective reproductive health technologies and solutions through research, advocacy and project implementation and are currently running research and implementation projects in Uganda focusing on menstrual health management (MHM) and menstrual cups (MCs).
WoMena does four types of activities:
- Multidisciplinary research/evaluations with Ugandan universities.
- Implementation support/intervention design packages to NGOs/private companies.
- Communication and raising awareness to the general public.
- Policy briefs, stakeholder analysis and advocacy packages.
WoMena Uganda are currently looking for four positions:
- Project Manager whose main role will be to implement and evaluate menstrual cup research and projects in Uganda attached to the Menstrual Health & Menstrual Cup Management Pilot & Scale Up Project for Congolese Refugees project funded by CARE
- Part-Time, Volunteer Advocacy Officer (5-10 hours per month) to work with our professional, friendly & productive Advocacy team, and help us advocate for sustainable, affordable menstrual cup access in Uganda.
- Part-Time, Volunteer Communications Manager (5-10 hours per month) to guide our professional, friendly & productive Communications team, support our online communications work, and help us highlight the fantastic work we are doing in Uganda, Denmark, Kenya & South Sudan.
- Part-Time, Volunteer Communications Officer (5-10 hours per month) to work with our professional, friendly & productive Communications team, support our online communications work, and help us highlight the fantastic work we are doing in Uganda, Denmark, Kenya & South Sudan.
- Internship: Organisational & Financial Management Officer to support the management team in Kampala, Uganda through an internship.