Internships at the Embassy
We are currently looking for three new interns for the fall semester 2019. You will gain comprehensive professional experience useful in your future career. If you want challenging work and a deeper insight into the understanding of working with Good Governance, Health and Economics in a developing country, then an internship at the Danish Embassy in Dar es Salaam might be intresting for you.
There are continuously three interns at the Danish Embassy in Dar es Salaam. Now and in the fall 2019 the Embassy will have intern positions within Good Governance and Communication, Health Sector and Macroeconomic and Trade Council Affairs.
To be considered as an intern at the Danish Embassy in Tanzania one must speak Danish and either be a Danish citizen enrolled at a higher education institution or a non-Danish citizen enrolled at a higher Danish education institution. For non-Danish citizens, it is also a requirement to be resident in Denmark at the application deadline and that you have lived in Denmark for at least the previous three years.
GOOD GOVERNANCE AND COMMUNICATION
Do you wish to assist in the implementation of a DKK 250 million Good Governance Programme in Tanzania? Do you have an interest in monitoring a political situation where power dynamics are changing? Are you motivated by effective communication of Danish development assistance to both a Danish and Tanzanian audience? If so, the position as Good Governance and Communication intern at the Embassy of Denmark in Dar es Salaam could be of interest to you.
As a Good Governance and Communication intern, you will take active part in the daily work at the Embassy at a very interesting time, and you will be able to work with all sectors of the Embassy thus obtaining solid insight into the policies and operations of the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Your primary tasks will be to:
- Assist the Governance team in the implementation of the Tanzania Governance Support Programme, including support to civil society, human rights, and gender
- Monitor, analyse and report on the current political and development situation in Tanzania
- Participate in dialogue with different partners and stakeholder incl. government, civil society organisations and other development partners
- Supply Danish media with stories about Tanzania, the impact of Danish development assistance, business opportunities etc.
- Supply Tanzanian media with stories about Denmark, Danish development assistance and broader political issues of relevance to the Danish-Tanzanian relations
- Update and maintain the Embassy’s webpage and Facebook profile including producing news stories
- Assist in the monitoring and updating of the Ambassador’s Twitter account
- Coordinate Embassy events and assist the embassy with general communication and cultural assignments
As an intern in the Health team you will be part of the day-to-day work implementing the Danish Health Sector Programme Support V. The support is allocated through a common donor fund, called the Health Basket Fund, and through 5 private organisations, the latter with a view to promoting Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
As an intern you will get the opportunity to work closely with all aspects of health systems, PPP, civil society and academia. You will participate in the donor and partner coordination of the health sector including the policy dialogue with relevant stakeholders, e.g. development partners, ministries, civil society organisations as well as private health providers.
The intern is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Analyse data and summarise key health sector meetings and events
- Participate in and write minutes of relevant meetings and events related to the implementation and monitoring of Danish support. This includes the donor support for the Health Basked Fund (HBF) and the Public-Private Partnership (PPP). Main focus will be on the 5 organisations supported through the Danish programme
- Update relevant sector and contract data base from time to time
- Search and disseminate relevant documents to stakeholders
- Update the Embassy’s website for the Health Sector and identify relevant news for postings on the Embassy’s different platforms
- Assist the Health team in the day-to-day work with implementing the programmes
- Carry out any other duties as necessary
MACROECONOMIC ANALYSIS & TRADE COUNCIL TEAM
If you are interested in international development cooperation and Danish companies engagement in Africa and have an interest in applied macroeconomics as well as public finance. Then an internship as a part of the Macroeconomic & Trade Council team could be a great opportunity for you.
As an intern, you will be part of the daily work at the Embassy and the Macroeconomic & Trade Council team in particular. The Macroeconomic team works closely with the Ministry of Finance and Planning as well as other governmental institutions in order to support and strengthen the local administration, whereas the Trade Council advises Danish companies on doing business in Tanzania. The tasks of the intern are various but will include:
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on the economic situation in Tanzania
- Contributing to and preparing documents on Danish development cooperation
- Participating in meetings and dialogue with partners and stakeholders
- Assisting Danish companies in Tanzania through our Trade Council activities
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Enrollment at a University studying economics or similar field
- Good analytical skills
- Interest in and preferable experience with international development issues
- Strong language skills in both English and Danish
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team is essential
Download the adverts here below:
If you are interested, please send a short application in English (max. 1 page) with relevant attachments (transcripts, CV and recommendations/references) in a single PDF file to the Embassy of Denmark in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania using the e-mail address email@example.com, subject: Application for internship. Please specify which position you apply for. You are welcome to apply for more than one position.
Deadline for applications: 6th of March 2019.