Full-time Internship as part of GS1 Healthcare
GS1 Global Office - Brussels, Belgium
GS1 is a neutral, not-for-profit organisation that develops and maintains standards that improve the efficiency, safety and visibility of supply chains across physical and digital channels in 25 industry sectors. Our organisation comprises local Member Organisations in 112 countries, with 1.5 million user companies and a Global Office located in Brussels and Princeton, New Jersey.
GS1 Healthcare is a voluntary, global User Group leading the healthcare sector to the successful development and implementation of global standards by bringing together experts in healthcare to enhance patient safety and supply chain efficiencies. GS1 Healthcare members include more than 100 leading healthcare organisations worldwide. More information about GS1 Healthcare can be found at www.gs1.org/healthcare.
We are looking for a full-time intern to join our 12-member global healthcare team, based in the Blue Tower on Avenue Louise, Brussels, and support GS1 Healthcare for a period of six months.
Your responsibilities will be to complete projects and deliverables relevant to the work of GS1 Healthcare. Your tasks may include undertaking research and providing advice regarding healthcare-related topics.
- A university student/have a university degree in a healthcare-related discipline;
- Must be legally able to work in Belgium;
- Must have an interest to complete projects and deliverables relating to improving patient safety;
- Mandatory fluency in spoken and written English (C2 level);
- Mandatory computer literacy: MS Office.
- Pro-active self-starter with willingness to use their own initiative;
- Someone who enjoys working in an international environment and who takes ownership of tasks;
- Detail-orientated and organised;
- A team player open to helping wherever needed (e.g. support the team when we organise an event, etc.).
You will gain
- The ability to deliver projects that put your skills into practice;
- Exposure to peers who leading activities for a global organisation;
- The opportunity to be part of a high performing, engaged and open multi-national team working to help improve patient safety globally.
How to apply
If you are interested, please e-mail us at (email@example.com) and provide your covering letter (max. 1 page) and CV (max. 2 pages) – indicating your right to work in Belgium.
This is an entry-level position with a six-month contract. The traineeship is paid and subject to Belgian law. The indemnity varies depending on the successful candidate’s age. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Belgium (and show proof, if required).