Intern at Health Sector - Embassy of Denmark in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Would you like to work with programme implementation and evaluation within a Tanzanian health context? Do you have an interest in health sector organisation? Are you motivated by communicating with and working across various national and international actors, partners and development partners? Then you should definitely consider applying for the health sector internship at the Danish embassy in Dar es Salaam.
As an intern in the Health team, you will be part of the day-to-day work implementing the Danish health hector programme. The support is allocated partly through a common donor fund, called the Health Basket Fund, and partly through five private organisations, the latter with the aim of promoting Public-Private Partnership (PPP).
Areas of work
You will get the opportunity to work closely with all aspects of the health system, PPP, civil society and academia. You will participate in the development partner and partner coordination of the health sector including the policy dialogue with relevant stakeholders, e.g. development partners, ministries, civil society organisations as well as private health providers.
The intern is expected to carry out the following tasks:
- Analyse data and summarise the substance of key health sector meetings and events
- Participate in and write minutes of relevant meetings and events related to the implementation and monitoring of Danish support. This includes the support for the Health Basked Fund (HBF) and the Public-Private Partnership (PPP). Main focus will be on the five organisations supported through the Danish programme
- Update relevant sector and contract data base from time to time
- Search and disseminate relevant documents to stakeholders
- Update the embassy’s website for the health sector and identify relevant news for postings on the embassy’s different platforms
- Assist the Health Team in the day-to-day work with implementing the programmes
- Communication and event planning: e.g. assist with preparations of Nordic Week
- Communicate about Tanzania and Denmark, the Danish development assistance, etc. of relevance to the Danish-Tanzanian relations
- Carry out any other duties as necessary
We are looking for a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. public health, social science, global health, or similar
- Strong language skills in oral and written English and Danish
- Good analytical, communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible, independent and able to work in a team
In the selection of the candidate, relevant professional and cultural experiences from travelling or living abroad will be taken into consideration.
For further information, please contact our current intern Camilla Dahl Ipsen, email@example.com
TERMS OF INTERNSHIP
Danish citizens must be enrolled at a Danish or foreign institution of higher education. Foreign citizens must have lived in Denmark for a period of 3-4 years, must be enrolled at a Danish institution of higher education and must live in Denmark at the time of the deadline of the application.
The internships will last from the 1st of February 2020 until the 31st of July 2020. The three interns will live together. Depending on your individual study arrangements in Denmark, you may be eligible to receive the Danish State Education Grant (SU) during the internship. The internship is unpaid but the embassy will reimburse specified expenses related to the internship (e.g. airfare, vaccinations and insurance) and according to receipts submitted, within a total monthly ceiling of DKK 3,800. If you do not receive SU during the internship, the monthly supplement of DKK 3,800 can be paid without further documentation.
Download the advert here. If you are interested, please send an application in English (max. 1 page) with relevant attachments (transcripts, CV and recommendations/references) in a single PDF file to the Embassy of Denmark in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. Att.: Application for internship. Please specify which position you apply for. You are welcome to apply for more than one position.
Deadline for applications: 18th of September 2019