Global Health Case Challenge / Culture Night 2019
For the 5th time, School of Global Health, University of Copenhagen, is hosting the annual Global Health Case Challenge. The 2019-theme is 'Bending the Curve of Obesity' and the case challenge takes place in Copenhagen on 10-11 October 2019. The public is invited to come listen to the students' solutions on the Culture Night in the Mærsk Tower on 11 October.
Obesity is a challenge that can be traced back to fundamental imbalances in the way we organise our lives in the modern world both in the Global North and South.
Worldwide obesity has nearly tripled since 1975 and in 2016, 39% of all adults were overweight and 13% were obese. This can have serious consequences for people’s health and quality of life and it costs society a lot of money. Obesity is preventable. However, no country has yet succeeded in bending the curve of obesity.
So what do we do? 15 teams of 75 students from all over the world has worked on that answer during the annual Global Health Case Challenge 2019. Come and hear them present their solutions in front of an expert jury consisting of:
- Morten Elsøe, Livstilshuset, Health Advisor and Debater
- Ninna Thomsen, Director, Mødrehjælpen, former Mayor of Health and Care, Copenhagen
- Bo Wesley, Senior Advisor, Cities Changing Diabetes, Novo Nordisk
- Paul Bloch, Research Manager, Steno Diabetes Center Copenhagen
- Flemming Konradsen, Professor, Director of School of Global Health, University of Copenhagen
DO YOU WANT TO JOIN?
They 15 teams are pitching and are questioned by the jury in this order:
- 16:00-16:55 Teams 1-3
- 17:05-17:45 Teams 4-6
- 18:15-18:55 Teams 7-9
- 19:05-19:45 Teams 10-12
- 19:55-20:35 Teams 13-15
- 21:35-22:00 The winning solution is announced and pitched again
There will be a short break between each session. The doors will close for each session so please be on time. You are welcome to stay for more sessions if you like.
We are looking forward to see you!