Feminist Innovations: Concepts, practices and politics
On the occasion of International Women’s Day 8th of March, The Coordination for Gender Research, invites you to a morning event focused on innovation and entrepreneurship from an equality, gender and diversity perspective.
Innovation and entrepreneurship are often named as the saviors of both the Danish and European economy, from climate and energy to food waste and transportation. But for most parts, gender and diversity are not integrated into the field of innovation or in the composition of research and innovation teams.
We will ask following questions:
- What do gender and diversity have to offer to this powerful agenda?
- What is gendered innovations? And what is the potential of changing products, services?
- How to challenge the gender gap in entrepreneurship?
- Is there a need for a new culture of innovations and entrepreneurship?
Inspired by the EU gendered innovations project we will examine a gender perspective in the entire process of innovation and entrepreneurship, from research and development to commercialization and market adoption. The gendered innovations project has suggested an approach to ensure that products, services, and policies are inclusive of and responsive to the needs, preferences, and behaviors of diverse users, including those of women and other marginalized groups.
A panel of researchers, experts, and practitioners, representatives from research and innovation will shed light on different critical and constructive approaches to the issues in the current innovation and entrepreneur landscape and show how change can be created. The event will be concluded with a panel discussion.
All talks will be in English.
The event is free but please register your participation before February 28th
- Londa Schiebinger, professor of History of Science at Stanford University and director of Gendered Innovations in Science, Health & Medicine, Engineering and Environment Project
- Cecilie Brøkner, CEO of Innovation Fund Denmark
- Mathias Wullum Nielsen, Associate Professor, Department of Sociology at University of Copenhagen
- Anna Riis Hedegaard, Founder and CEO, The 0-mission
- Andreas Blohm Graversen, Depute Director of Innovation and Industry Collaboration, University of Copenhagen
09.00 – 09.15: Coffee and croissants
09.15 – 09.30: Welcome by Associate Dean Sara Hagemann and Head of the Coordination for Gender Research Hilda Rømer Christensen
09.30 – 9.50: Keynote Professor Londa Schiebinger
09.50 – 10.00: Break
10.00 – 10.40: Feminist takes Innovation and entrepreneurship
10.40 – 11.00: Panel discussion – moderator: Peter Josef Wick